Dark Circles Under The Eyestell us about the health of an individual.
They are produced due to overstrain,
after an illness or an allergy.
They can also be the result of undernourishment.
But these dark circles do not produce any harm to the body.
So anybody with dark circles should not worry about them.
In fact, sometimes they're not even an indication of physical problems.
Dark circles can be aggravated by fatigue, allergies, overexposure to the sun, menstruation or pregnancy.
But they're usually hereditary;
if your parents have them, there are more chances that you do, too have them.
Dark circles are the result of the engorged blood vessels under your eyes.
Because the skin under eyes is thinner than skin anywhere else on body, therefore blood vessels there are more noticeable, especially in fair skinned persons.
Usually, dark circles are caused by hyper pigmentation of melanin, the substance that gives color to the skin.
In western countries, the kidneys are related to the adrenal glands and with stress levels in life being so high; these glands are very often exhausted.
When these glands are weakened, allergies are prevalent.
Dark circles under the eyes are known to be a classic symptom of an allergy, together other signs including edema and fatigue.
Dark circles under eyes may also be due to aging which thins the skin around the eyes.
Eight hours of sleep is essential.
Do not leave cream on the skin around the eyes for long periods.
Circles under the eyes can worsen in people who smoke or suffer from allergies.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DARK CIRCLES UNDER THE EYES
- Apply a cold compress this will help to constrict blood vessels and turns tissue white, and dark circles will lighten.
- Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water everyday.
- Put slices of raw potatoes or cucumber by closing eyes over the eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.
- Take out the juice of the cucumber. Prepare a mixture of lemon juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantity of potato and cucumber juices. Dip a cotton swab in this mixture and put the cotton on eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.
- Prepare a mixture of lemon and tomato juice (equal parts) and apply it on the black circles 2 times a day.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice for dark circles under the eyes.
- Apply crushed mint around the eye.
- Another home remedy for dark circles under the eyes is - massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bedtime daily for 2 weeks. Almond helps to remove dark circles.
- No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.
- Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wash off with a mixture of honey and egg white.
- Put hot and cold clothes alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply some almond oil on the dark circles before going to bed.
- The acupressure point for eyes is on the mount below the index finger of your palms. Pressing this mount may help.
- Dip some carrot leave in hot water and leave for a few minutes. Drink the liquid 3 times a day before meals.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water or cold water and keep under the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Make a paste of 1 tsp. tomato juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder, and 1 tsp. of flour. Apply around eyes. Leave on for 10 minutes before washing. This is an effective home remedy for dark circle treatment.
- Take some freezed parsley. Use the parsley cubes instead of eye creams to reduce the dark circles and puffiness. Parsley is packed with chlorophyll which helps fade darkness, while the ice cubes reduce the swelling.
- Takes vasoline, put it on a metal spoon and freeze it for 15 minutes. Then apply it to the eyes for a few minutes.
- Add some mint leaves, lemon juice, and salt to tomato juice and drink.
- Grate some cucumber and freeze in an ice tray. Massage frozen cucumber cubes onto eyes to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Avoid excess of chocolates and try to take more fibres in the diet.
- To prevent dark circles take 2 magnesium tablets per day, especially if you're taking calcium.
- Use a sunscreen especially made for the face with a sun protection factor (SPF) to keep the sun's rays from darkening the skin under your eyes
- Eat vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin A for the treatment of dark circles under eyes